Today we we be looking at Tables, Charts and Graphs. Before you start working though the questions set, you may want to take a look at some of the videos below to refresh your mind on data handling.
Writing task: Survival Guide to Lockdown
Yesterday you should have written an introduction to your survival guide. Your first task today is to re-read this and edit.
Editing (ten minutes)
1. Re-read the introduction out aloud. This will ensure that you know what it really says and how it sounds - you may find that a sentence does not 'flow' as you had hoped, or you may have even missed a word or two out!
2. Edit in any words, punctuation - or even edit out things that do not work. Do not be afraid ti be brutal.
First section (twenty minutes)
The second part of your writing today is to write your first section. Follow the steps below to help you:
1. Look at your brainstorming notes. Choose the section that you feel has the most interest to you.
2. Begin writing - see if you can link the first link to the last line of your introduction.
3. Stop every two paragraphs and re-read. It is good to edit as you go - do not forget to read it out aloud.
4. When you feel that you have finished, read the whole section out aloud. Make sure that you have included a range of sentence structures and punctuation.
How long should my writing be?
This will vary - depending upon the section and the author. A rough guideline would be for at least three paragraphs for each section.
Art – Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls (Day 1)
Bright, colourful and patterned, these skull designs are eye-catching and fun to create.
However there is more to these skull designs that just pretty art.
Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos) is a Mexican holiday celebrated in November. It is acknowledged internationally in many other cultures. The multi-day holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and help support their spiritual journey. As part of the celebration they decorate and wear coloured sugar skulls (like the ones above).
Design your own sugar skull using the template below.
Please send me a picture of your sugar skull. I can’t wait to see your designs!
This day in history: 23rd April 2015
First ever YouTube video uploaded, 'Me at the zoo.'