Here you can find out about some of our learning for the academic year 2021-22 using the attachments below.
NO BACK PACKS! For health and safety reasons children should not be bringing in backpacks. Book bags, lunch boxes and water bottle only. Thank you for your cooperation with this. Collecting things from their backpacks from the cloakroom throughout the day also wastes a lot of precious learning time!
Reading - In Year 2 children are expected to read for 15 minutes each day. Please log this in the reading journal.
Fridays - We do a spelling quiz each Friday. New spellings will also go home on Fridays (these need to be learnt at home for homework).
PE days - Children need to come into school wearing PE kit on Mondays and Thursdays.
How can I help my child at home?
- Please ensure your child has breakfast everyday
- Make sure belongings are permanently named e.g. names not written in biro
- Practise independently cutting up their own food with a knife and fork OR being able to open the items in their packed lunch independently
- Carrying their own book bag, water bottle and lunch box in from the school gates (helps build a positive, independent mindset)
- Practise zipping and un-zipping their own coat
- Practise counting up in 2s from 0 to 24, counting up in 5s from 0 to 60 and counting up in 10s from 0 to 120
- Practise spelling some of these high frequency words. These words are very common, so knowing how to spell them with ease really helps to free up brain power to focus on other aspects of writing!
- Complete the homework set (please see the homework tab for more detailed information)