Hot meals at our school are provided by Chartwells, contracted by West Sussex County Council.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All children in Years R,1 and 2 are entitled to a universal infant free school meal. Good food has been shown to lead to healthier, happier and more fulfilled children and also to improved educational attainment. Children eat their lunch in the school hall at tables with friends from their class. They have their meal first and then go out to play for the rest of the lunchtime.
Children in Years 3,4,5 & 6 have their playtime first and then come in to the school hall for their lunch.
Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium
Children are eligible to receive free school meals, if parents are entitled to certain benefits. For every child registered our school will receive £1,345 per child each year, which can fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families to do their very best - this funding is called 'Pupil Premium' and is allocated to schools for all children who successfully apply for free school meals.
If you are in receipt of any of the following benefits, please complete and return to the school office, the free school meals application form below.
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
This funding is vital to the school, particularly at the moment, so we urge you to apply.