Hot meals at our school are provided by Chartwells, contracted by West Sussex County Council. If your child is in Year 3 or above and you would like them to have a hot dinner, please go to www.mealselector.co.uk to register, book and pay for meals.
All special diet enquiries should be sent to email@example.com
How to Order
All meals must be ordered a full week in advance of the week that they are required, either online or by telephone to the Chartwells office 01243 836130
If your child is ill on the day you have booked a hot meal please phone 01243 773239 (messages only).
How to Pay
Hot meals cost £2.30 each (September 2016) which must be pre-paid. Payment can be made by credit or debit card via their special hotline on 0845 603 7998 or online at www.mealselector.co.uk (Minimum order by phone £11.00)
Free School Meals
Universal Infant Free School Meals
From September 2014 all children in Years R, 1 and 2 are entitled to free school meals. Good food has been shown to lead to healthier, happier and more fulfilled children and also to improved educational attainment.
Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium
Even if your child is in Year 3 and above, they may still be eligible to receive free school meals which could save you more than £350 a year. For every child registered our school will also receive £1,345 this year. The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families to do their very best - this funding is called 'Pupil Premium' and is allocated to schools for all children who successfully apply for free school meals.
Do you Qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits -
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HMRV) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you have any questions please call in to the school office.