School Admission Appeals Process and Timetable
School admission appeals are administered in accordance with the requirements of the School Admission Appeals Code issued by the Department for Education.
If you have applied for a place at St Peter's Catholic Primary School and your child has been refused admission, you have the legal right to appeal against this decision. West Sussex County Council administer the process for the school. Full details of the process and the appeals form can be found here - https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/education-children-and-families/schools-and-colleges/school-places/apply/make-an-admissions-appeal/
The following timetable will apply -
Appeals lodged in connection with entry to Reception in September 2023
- Admission decision notified by the Local Authority on 19th April 2023
- Appeal Deadline : Appeal form to be submitted to West Sussex County Council by 20th May 2023 to be heard on time
- Appeal hearing will take place within 40 school days of the appeal deadline
Appeals lodged after the 2023 deadline or in connection with late applications for entry to Reception in September 2023
- It may be possible for appeals lodged after 20th May 2023 to take place at the same time as those lodged before this appeal deadline, but only where there is sufficient time to make the arrangements. Otherwise late appeals will be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal form.
Appeals lodged in connection with applications for places required during the academic year (In-year admission)
- An appeal may be lodged at any time following an in-year admission being refused, but not beyond the academic year in question. An appeal hearing will be scheduled to take place within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal form.