How can I help my child at home?
- Read daily for 10 minutes with your child. They will bring a Read Write Inc Phonics story book and a Read Write Inc Phonics book bag book each week. Children can also choose to bring home a picture book.
- Record your child's reading in their reading journal - this is really helpful and checked weekly by Mrs Herbert.
- Practise independently cutting up their own food with a knife and fork OR being able to open the items in their packed lunch independently.
- Practise putting on, zipping and un-zipping their own coat.
- Practise counting up in 1s from 0 to 30 and down in 1s from 30 to 0.
- Practise saying what is 1 more and 1 less than numbers within 30.
- Complete the homework set (please see the homework tab for more detailed information).