Homework in Year 2 consists of:
- Daily reading for 15 minutes. Record this in reading records. Books read should include stage/colour books and Read Write Inc Phonics book bag books (if your child has been given one).
- Practising spellings for 5 minutes daily. All children should be able to spell the First 100 High Frequency Words.
- Reading/Phonics and Maths books will be sent home weekly. They are handed out on Friday and must be returned to school on or before Wednesday. Details of what pages to complete are emailed out each week on Fridays.
- Choosing one activity from the Topic Homework planner each half term.
- Practise counting up in 2s from 0 to 24, counting up in 5s from 0 to 60 and counting up in 10s from 0 to 120. Later on in the year we will start learning our x2, x5 and x10 tables. After this we start to learn our x3 tables.
- Play on Numbots for at least 20 minutes a week
- If your child has been given a letter this year for Nessy, play on this for at least three 10 minute sessions a week
- See the 'Learning Videos' page for songs that we use to help us with our counting at school.