Homework in Year 2 consists of:
- Daily reading for 15 minutes. Record this in reading journals. Books read should include stage/colour books and Read Write Inc Phonics book bag books (if your child has been given one).
- Practising spellings for 5 minutes daily.
- Reading/Phonics and Maths books will be sent home weekly. They are handed out on Friday and must be returned to school on or before Wednesday.
- Choosing one activity from the Topic Homework planner each half term.
- Practise counting up in 2s from 0 to 24, counting up in 5s from 0 to 60 and counting up in 10s from 0 to 120. Later on in the year we will start learning our x2, x5 and x10 tables. After this we start to learn our x3 tables.
- Play on Numbots for 15 minutes
- See the 'Learning Videos' page for songs that we use to help us with our counting at school.
Homework set last week on 15th October
Reading book - Complete the 'A Trip to the Shop' section
Green Maths book - Complete pages 18 and 19 about solving number problems
Phonics book - Complete pages 11 and 12
Blue Maths book - Complete pages 20 and 21 about number bonds to 20
Homework set on 8th October
Reading - Complete the 'Get Well Soon' page
Maths green book - Complete pages 20 and 21 about Number Bonds
Phonics - Complete pages 9 and 10
Maths blue book - Complete pages 20 and 21 about Number Bonds to 10