- Class Pages
- Year 3
- Working From Home
- Spring Term 1 Working From Home
- 1. Week Beginning 04th January
- 6th January 2021
6th January 2021
Today we are going to be looking at dividing by 4.
We are doing a maths zoom at 9am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
If you were unable to join the zoom, click on this link to watch a video on this topic: https://vimeo.com/477072164 and work through the powerpoint below before you try to complete the worksheet.
We are doing an English zoom at 10:30am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
Today we are going to be thinking about using a / an correctly.
Below there is a powerpoint for you to work through and you need to complete the activities on the slides as you go. I will put some notes here of the things that are important for you to remember.
- The letters in the alphabet are either vowels or consonants. There are 5 vowels - a, e, i, o, u. All the other letters are consonants.
- We use a or an in front of other words.
- We put a in front of words that start with a consonant. For example, a pen.
- We put an in front of words that start with a vowel. For example, an orange.
SOMETIMES this is not the case! When you're looking at the powerpoint, have a look and see if you can find out when this isn't the rule.
Our next topic is Judaism. There are lots of different religions which are practised around the world and Judaism is one of them.
Today, I would like you to find out about Jewish Synagogues. A Synagogue is the place of worship, like Churches are for Christians.
Please find out:
- What do they look like? Maybe you could find some pictures.
- Are there any special things that happen in a Synagogue?
- Are there any services or ceremonies that happen in Synagogues?
- Are there any rules in the Synagogue?
- Where is the nearest Synagogue?
With this information, create a poster or a powerpoint to share everything you have found out. If you are doing this on the computer, perhaps you could copy and paste some pictures in to show what Synagogues look like.
Use some of these links below to help you with your research:
See below for PowerPoints