- Class Pages
- Year 3
- Working From Home
- Spring Term 1 Working From Home
- 4. Week Beginning 25th January
- 25th January 2021 Monday
25th January 2021 Monday
We are doing a maths zoom at 9am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
Today we are going to be looking at dividing and remainders.
If you were unable to join the zoom, click on this link to watch a video on this topic:
and work through the powerpoint below before you try to complete the worksheet.
We are doing an English zoom at 10:30am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
Today, I would like you to edit your diary entry from last week.
- Do all your sentences start with capital letters?
- Do all your sentences end with full stops?
- Are all your words spelt correctly?
- Have you got adjectives in all your sentences?
- Have you got conjunctions?
- Have you used a and an correctly?
- Have you use prepositions?
- Have you used first person throughout your diary entry?
- Is it all in the past tense?
If you have forgotten to do any of these things, please change them or add them in using a black pen. It is important you do this so I can see where you have done your editing.
Once this is complete, please upload this to Google classroom. You will see the diary entry assignment, please put a picture of your work here.
Uploading to Google Classroom:
Instructions if you are doing it on a computer:
- Log in to your child's Google Classroom account.
- Click on the year 3 class.
- Click on the new assignment - Frogs diary entry. This should be the top thing on the page's feed.
- On the right hand side, there is a button labelled 'Add or create'. Click on this.
- Click on file as hopefully you will be uploading a photo.
- Click browse and find your photo.
- When it has uploaded, press the button that says 'turn in'.
- Job done!!
Instructions if you are doing it from a phone:
- Load google classroom app and sign in
- Click onto year 3 page
- Tap on the first post - new assignment Frogs diary entry.
- Drag up or tap at the bottom when it says 'your work'.
- Press 'add attachment'
- Click pick photo to select a photo if you have already take it. Click use camera to take a photo there and then.
- Let photo fully upload.
- Click 'Hand in' and confirm this by pressing 'hand in' again.
- Job done!!
Today we are going to be thinking about the feast days that are set aside in the Liturgical year to celebrate Mary and remember her journey.
Mary had many joys and many sorrows in her life. She was also on earth with Jesus for the duration of his life.
Mary is a very special lady and it is important we remember her. Have a look at the feast days below. These are just a few of the ones which are dedicated to Mary.
The Annunciation of the Lord:
We remember this day as it is when Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and told her that she was going to be having a baby. Angel Gabriel told her that he would be the Son of God.
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
On this day, we remember when Mary's body and soul went up to Heaven.
The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
This feast day celebrates the day that Mary was born.
The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
On this day, Mary's soul was acted upon and she became pregnant with the Son of God.
Below, there is a powerpoint with pictures which represent each of these feast days.
Your job is to choose one of these feast days and draw a picture of your own to represent it. You can colour it in with pencils or if you have paints at home, you might like to paint it.