- Class Pages
- Year 6
- Working From Home
- Spring Term Working from home
- 3) Week beginning 18th January 2021
- 18th January 2021 Monday
18th January 2021 Monday
English: Reading - Zoom Input at 9:30am
Monday morning is reading time. Today we will be focusing on one of the key reading skills: Inference.
There is a choice of texts today:
- EXE is the text for those of you wanted to try age-related questions.
- GDS is the text for those of you wanting to challenge yourselves by trying greater depth questions.
Choose your text below and please read the text very carefully.
Now you have read the text, have a go at answering the questions below:
Once you have answered all of the questions, use the document below to mark your work.
Spelling lists for Group One and Two for Monday 18th January - Friday 29th January 2021 can be found on the class page under Spelling.
Unit 8 Silent Letters
Task: Complete Spelling Zone on page 37
Maths: Zoom input at 11:00am
Today we will be looking at multiplying by 10, 100 and 1000.
Key things to remember today:
- When you multiply by 10, the digits move 1 decimal place to the left.
- When you multiply by 100, the digits move 2 decimals places to the left.
- When you multiply by 1000, the digits move 3 decimal places to the left.
Watch the video below to see this in action:
You can watch this video to support you with your maths today. This will be especially useful if you are unable to attend the live input.
Task: Complete the activity below. Try to complete as many questions as you can.
Now you have finished, you can check your answers and mark your own work using the answer sheet below.
Let's begin by recapping electrical components and circuit symbols. Watch the video below. by clicking on the link.
Today we will be thinking about what happens when you change the components in a circuit.
Read the information below:
You can have a go at building and testing circuits using the link below. Use the 'lab'
Task: Have a go at the On track questions below.
Challenge: Have a go at the Aiming higher questions below.
Please email Mr English if you have misplaced your username and password.
Holes - Jamboard
Now we have read a bit more of 'Holes', why not add your new thoughts to our Jamboard on Google Classroom?