- Class Pages
- Year 3
- Working From Home
- Spring Term Working From Home
- 3. Week Beginning 18th January
- 18th January 2021 Monday
18th January 2021 Monday
We are doing a maths zoom at 9am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
Please aim to join this zoom. We are learning a new method for multiplication and I would like to work with all the children on this. We will be doing the majority of the work over zoom which will allow me to support the children where needed. As this is the case, all questions the children complete independently will be given over the zoom. All the children will need is paper and a pencil.
We are doing an English zoom at 10:30am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
We are going to be working on diary entries this week. We are going to imagine that we are frogs. We have had a bit of a wild night and our diary entry is going to explain what we have been doing.
We are going to write 6 paragraphs in total. We will write our plans together on zoom. You can use the planning sheet linked below or you can write your plans for each paragraph on a piece of paper.
Please open the powerpoint below - all the pictures are in this powerpoint for you to use to plan your diary entry. There are photos correlating to each paragraph. The powerpoint will say 'paragraph 1' and the photos following this will be what the paragraph will be based on.
Today we are going to think about the Church's calendar.
The year of the Church family is marked by special events and seasons. It is called the Liturgical Year.
It is a calendar of Sundays, feast days and special seasons which are celebrated during one year. Have a look at the picture below which shows the Liturgical Year.
We are going to specifically think about Easter and Christmas today.
- The season of Advent begins on the fourth Sunday before 25th December.
- Each Sunday during Advent, a candle on the Advent wreath is lit. Each candle represents something - can you remember what these are?
- The colour the Church uses during Advent is purple.
- The season of Christmas time - this is the period of time starting from the Nativity of the Lord (Christmas day) up until the Baptism of the Lord. During this time, the Church uses the colour gold.
- The season of lent lasts for 40 days from Ash Wednesday. This lasts for 5 Sundays.
- The colour the Church uses during Lent is purple.
- Holy week - This week begins with the sixth Sunday of Lent which is Palm Sunday.
- The Sacred Easter Triduum is during Holy Week. This is a begins with an evening celebration on Holy Thursday and includes Good Friday and Holy Saturday.
- The Season of Easter Time - this period begins with the Easter Vigil and then Easter Sunday. Easter time lasts for seven Sundays up until Pentecost. During this time, the Church uses white or gold.
- On Pentecost Sunday, the Church uses the colour red.
Imagine you have a friend that lives in a far away land. They don't know anything about the seasons of Christmas or Easter.
Your job is to write them either a letter or a postcard to tell them all about one of these seasons. You can choose whether you write about Christmas or Easter.
They don't know anything!! Make sure that you tell them everything they need to know about your chosen season.
You can use the information above to help you and you could also include some of your own experiences of celebrating these seasons in the Church.
You could also include a picture to show them something you might find in the Church at this time - maybe the Advent Wreath or the Easter candle.