- Class Pages
- Year 3
- Working From Home
- Spring Term Working From Home
- Week Beginning 11th January
- 13th January 2021 Wednesday
13th January 2021 Wednesday
We are doing a maths zoom at 9am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
Today we are going to be doing a recap of the 2, 4 and 8 times tables.
If you were unable to join the zoom, click on this link to watch a video on this topic:
and work through the powerpoint below before you try to complete the worksheet.
We are doing an English zoom at 10:30am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
Today we are going to be doing an editing lesson. During the zoom today, I will show you how to edit your work.
- Do all your sentences start with capital letters?
- Do all your sentences end with full stops?
- Are all your words spelt correctly?
- Have you got adjectives in all your sentences?
- Have you got conjunctions?
- Have you used a and an correctly?
- Have you use prepositions?
If you have forgotten to do any of these things, please change them or add them in using a black pen. It is important you do this so I can see where you have done your editing.
Once this is complete, please upload this to Google classroom. I will show you how to do this during the zoom.
If you missed the zoom, please follow these instructions for uploading to google classroom:
Instructions if you are doing it on a computer:
- Log in to your child's Google Classroom account.
- Click on the year 3 class.
- Click on the new assignment - Roman descriptive paragraph. This should be the top thing on the page's feed.
- On the right hand side, there is a button labelled 'Add or create'. Click on this.
- Click on file as hopefully you will be uploading a photo.
- Click browse and find your photo.
- When it has uploaded, press the button that says 'turn in'.
- Job done!!
Instructions if you are doing it from a phone:
- Load google classroom app and sign in
- Click onto year 3 page
- Tap on the first post - new assignment Roman descriptive paragraph.
- Drag up or tap at the bottom when it says 'your work'.
- Press 'add attachment'
- Click pick photo to select a photo if you have already take it. Click use camera to take a photo there and then.
- Let photo fully upload.
- Click 'Hand in' and confirm this by pressing 'hand in' again.
- Job done!!
Today we are moving onto a new topic - magnets!
Magnets have an invisible force! We can't see how they work, but we can see the end result - either a magnet will 'pull' an object to itself or...it won't!
Before we talk about the details of magnets, I would like you to do some experimenting!
I know that some of you won't have magnets at home - don't worry! There are 2 options for task 1!
Option 1 - if you DO have any kind of magnet at home:
Have a look at the sheet below labelled Science task 1. Your job is to predict (guess) whether the item listed is magnetic or not. If it is magnetic, the magnet will almost connect or stick to that object. Once you have made all your predictions, use your magnet to test it out! See if you were correct!
Option 2 - if you DO NOT have a magnet at home:
You can still do some predicting. Have a look at the sheet below labelled Science task 1. Your job is to predict (guess) whether the item listed is magnetic or not. If it is magnetic, the magnet will almost connect or stick to that object. Once you have made all your predictions, you will need to research using the computer to find out if that object was magnetic or not! See if you were correct!
Now, you either need to continue using the magnet or using the computer to do some magnet investigating!
I would like you to find lots of different things in your house and either test, or research to see if they are magnetic. Have a look at Science sheet 2 below, you will find a table where you can record whether the material was magnetic or not.
When we do our afternoon zoom tomorrow, we will compare the things you found at home to the things we found in the classroom which were or were not magnetic!