- Class Pages
- Year 3
- Working From Home
- Spring Term 1 Working From Home
- 6. Week Beginning 8th February
- 11th February 2021 Thursday
11th February 2021 Thursday
We are doing a maths zoom at 9am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
Today we are going to be recapping reading pictograms.
If you were unable to join the zoom, click on this link to watch a video on this topic:
and work through the powerpoint below before you try to complete the worksheet.
We are doing an English zoom at 10:30am. Please use the link in the email to take part in this.
We are going to start by reading chapters 23 and 24.
Start at 2:09:38
After the zoom, there are two grammar activities for you to complete.
The first is about nouns. There is one sheet for all the children to have a go at. Nouns are things - places, names, things.
The second is about verbs and there are 3 different levels of activity to choose from. Verbs are doing words.
Have a read of this:
We now know how the Romans arrived, what they did whilst they were in Britain, and when they left. Think about all the things we have looked at:
- The fierce battles that happened when the Romans tried to invade the first and second times.
- The way the Celtic people had to agree to follow the Roman ways.
- The third and successful invasion.
- All the things the Romans brought to Britain (toilets, roads, numbers and language, religion)
- The way the country was when they left.
My question to you for this afternoon is:
Do you think the Romans coming to Britain was a good things overall, or a bad thing?
Fill in the table below or create your own one to show all the positive things about the Romans coming to England and all the negatives.
Based on your list of positives and negatives, I would like you to decide whether you think it was a good thing that the Romans came to Britain, or if it was a bad thing. Make sure you give a couple of reasons for why you think this!
I have uploaded the template as a word document so the children can do their work on the sheet if they wish.