- Class Pages
- Year 4
- Working from home
- 2. February working from home
- Week beginning 08 February 2021
- 10 February 2021
10 February 2021
Today we will be talking about tenths.
A tenth is when a unit is split into to EQUAL parts.
Have a look at the PowerPoint and then have a go at the worksheet.
Please have a go at 'Wordchangers' (Unit 8). You just need to add the root word to the suffix.
What words are used to describe weather?
Today we will be thinking about weather forecasts.
Look at the type of language used. Think about the way it sounds. Who is the audience? What are the audience interested in knowing?
Look below to find out what every weather forecast should include:
- Precise, Informative, Entertaining = PIE
- Short sentences with pauses (commas).
- Time/ordering connectives - when will it happen?
- Geographical terms - where? Regions, directions, names of places.
- Weather vocabulary - what? Why? Type of weather, severity of weather, cause of weather.
- Organised into local areas
Now have a a go at identifying some of these features in the worksheet.
Over the next two days you are going to be creating your own weather forecast on a computer about the Amazon Rainforest. You will be using the data from here:
If you don't have access to Excel - do not worry. You can create a paper based weather forecast!
Use the PowerPoint to help you input information on Excel and help you create graphs like this:
See how fancy you can make your charts!
Can you add a title? Axis labels?