- Class Pages
- Year 4
- Working from home
- 3. March working from home
- Week beginning 01 March 2021
- 03 March 2021
03 March 2021
Maths (Zoom at 9:30am)
Today we will be learning about subtracting fractions. Like with the adding, we must always keep the denominator the same!
If you need a recap, look here:
If you are unable to join the zoom, click on this link to watch a video on this topic:
Then work through the PowerPoint below, before you try to complete the worksheet.
Please have a go at 'Wordchangers' (Unit 9). You just need to add the root word to the suffix.
English (Zoom input at 10:30)
Today, we will be continuing with our non-chronological reports. There are lots of facts which you might like to use in the PowerPoint below. Your two subheadings to cover today are:
What is a Sherpa?
- What is their job?
- Why are they important?
Mount Everest achievements
- How many people have managed to climb Mount Everest?
- How many people have attempted but not succeeded?
- Who are memorable people who have reached the top?
- Why are they record breakers?
See if you can up-level your work by including a sub-ordinate clause:
Today we will be completing sentences in French. I have broken down the key words for you below. You might want to see if you can complete the sentences using your own sentences. E.g. Bonjour! Je m'appelle Miss Heffernan.
- Make up your own answers to the questions.
- Bonjour: hello
- Je m'appelle = My name is
- J'ai un = I have
- Ma couleur preferee c'est = my favourite colour is
- J'ai ..... ans = I am ..... years old
Use the words to fill in the gaps.
Colour the eggs the correct colours.
This song may be helpful:
See if you can spot the family members, names, animals and adjective in the text. (You might need to leave the food and fruit boxes)